What is SolidWorks
"SolidWorks 3D CAD software allows your team to design better products that can set you apart from your competitors. Each release delivers innovations and customer-requested enhancements that enable you to work smarter and faster."
- Automated functionality that you use most often
- Improvements in performance and quality that speed up software operation and create a more continuous workflow
- New tools that greatly extend current SolidWorks design capabilities and enable fundamental changes in your product development process
- Extensive support for collaboration and connectivity that allows your design teams to work on joint projects across the globe
Why Use SolidWorks
3D is the Way of the Future. Companies everywhere are moving to 3D. If you want to take your product design to the next level, get the most out of your team, and be the leader in your market, now is the time to consider all the ways SolidWorks can help you succeed.
General Information/License Agreement Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility: Faculty, staff, and students
- Version: SolidWorks 2012 x64 Edition SP05
- Platform: Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP only
- Cost: Free - the university does not currently charge for use of this license
- Computer and Software Requirements
- License Restrictions: Only those identified in the software or per the vendor
- Notes (Instructions & Documentation)
- Install takes about 10 minutes. Do not close any of the windows that open.
- After the installer finishes, reboot your machine. You can then remove the .exe file and the extracted files.
- SolidWorks can be used on a University-owned or personal computer.
- Expires: Summer 2014
- Support: SolidWorks Web Help
- Website(s): SolidWorks