What is SolidWorks
"SolidWorks 3D CAD software allows your team to design better products that can set you apart from your competitors. Each release delivers innovations and customer-requested enhancements that enable you to work smarter and faster."
- Improve everyday productivity: Improved engineering and design performance to make your job faster and easier.
- Optimize your work process: Share information seamlessly and globally with minimal effort.
- Reduce production and operations costs: Bring design and operations closer together.
- Expand the markets you serve: New applications let you expand the markets you serve.
Why Use SolidWorks
3D is the Way of the Future. Companies everywhere are moving to 3D. If you want to take your product design to the next level, get the most out of your team, and be the leader in your market, now is the time to consider all the ways SolidWorks can help you succeed.
Windows 10 Users: you can only download and use SolidWorks 2015 with Windows 10 - SolidWorks 2014 is not compatiable.
General Information/License Agreement Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility: Faculty, staff, and students
- Version: 2015, 2014
- Platform: SolidWorks 2014 - Microsoft Windows 8.1, 8.0, 7, and Windows Vista
- Platform: Solidworks 2015 - Microsoft Windows 10 - SolidWorks 2014 is not compatiable with Windows 10
- Cost: Free - the university does not currently charge for use of this license
- Computer and Software Requirements
- License Restrictions: Only those identified in the software or per the vendor
- Notes (Instructions & Documentation)
- Install takes about 10 minutes. Do not close any of the windows that open.
- After the installer finishes, reboot your machine. You can then remove the .exe file and the extracted files.
- SolidWorks can be used on a University-owned or personal computer.
- Expires: Summer 2016
- Support: SolidWorks Web Help
- Website(s): SolidWorks