This Spring 2017, the University of Arizona will adopt Microsoft Office 365, a cloud-based service, to provide greater availability of services to campus, gain efficiencies, and reduce costs.
The current faculty and staff email and calendaring services will move to Microsoft Office 365, and be renamed UAConnect365.
Microsoft Office 365 also offers application and storage features. Office 365 and UAConnect365 benefits for faculty and staff include:
- 50 gigabyte size mailbox you can access via online web application or your email software
- Office 365 online productivity software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote) for creating and sharing documents via web browser anywhere, plus downloadable applications for desktop or mobile devices
- One terabyte of OneDrive space for storing and sharing files
- A secure cloud environment
Who will be affected?
All faculty, staff, DCC, student worker (Catworks), departmental and retiree UAConnect accounts.
About the move:
- You will be notified in advance of the date when your email and calendar will be moved along with additional details on what to expect.
- You will receive another email after the move to verify your mailbox transition is complete.
- No outgoing or incoming email will be lost during the move.
To optimize your mailbox prior to the transition to UAConnect365, go to https://it.arizona.edu/documentation/about-storage-space-uaconnect-server for helpful tips and resources.
University Information Technology Services (UITS) and IT professionals from colleges and departments are working together to make the move for faculty and staff to UAConnect365 as seamless as possible.
To learn more on UAConnect365 progrees and to ask questions in person come attend an Open Forum:
- Monday, April 10, 1:30-2:30 pm, SUMC Agave Room
- Tuesday, April 11, Phoenix Biomedical Campus (room and times to be determined)
- Wednesday, April 26, 10:30-11:30 am, SUMC Agave Room
- Wednesday, May 3, 10:30-11:30 am, SUMC Agave Room
- Tuesday, May 9, 10:30-11:30 am, SUMC Agave Room
Information and Support
For questions about the project, please contact the UAConnect365 Project Team at email@example.com.
**Most of this information was reproduced from the Lo Que Pasa article dated December 8, 2016**