"With over 1,800 colleges and universities collaborating on common higher education IT challenges—sharing the mission of transforming higher education through the use of information technology. the EDUCAUSE community members—Associate's colleges to research institutions, public and private, large and small—have similar challenges. EDUCAUSE helps those at your institution who lead, manage, and use information resources to shape strategic decisions at every level."
EDUCAUSE helps organizations address important higher education issues including:
- enterprise systems
- teaching and learning
- professional development
- identity management
- emerging trends and technology
UA Faculty and Staff.
There are no costs for EDUCAUSE membership to UA faculty and staff.
Benefits of Membership
EDUCAUSE membership opens the door for your entire institution—those who work directly in IT and faculty and staff who use or manage information technology across campus—to experience a wide range of benefits.
- Multiple, free subscriptions to the award-winning EDUCAUSE Review magazine—providing thought-leadership and valuable perspectives
- Complimentary access to all published books and monographs—covering forward-looking topics in higher education
- Special e-mail issues, alerts, and policy briefs—informing you of just-released resources and developments
- Discounted registration for annual, regional, and affiliate conferences and seminars—valuable professional development offered in-person and online
- Discounted rates for Career Center job postings—the leading job site for our profession
- Benefits from the Project Management Institute—discounted course and free articles
Increasingly, individuals, universities, and service providers are looking for effective ways to work together online using federated identity management services. Through the InCommon Federation, members use identity credentials from their home organization to access resources worldwide. Using the InCommon framework of shared policies, trust-establishing processes, and technologies, institutions will enhance services, improve security and achieve efficiencies. The following is information on how to login to EDUCAUSE using the InCommon Federation member site that allows the UA to pass on authentication for campus members via UA's WebAuth.
1. Go to http://educause.edu
2. Click Login; choose the Federated Login option; locate and select University of Arizona.
3. Log in using your UA NetID and password.
If you are not already an EDUCAUSE member, you will be asked to set up a user profile first, but you will not be required to establish an ID and password apart from your UA credentials.