IMPORTANT Information for Students on MatLab and Simulink
University of Arizona offers a campus-wide license to MATLAB, Simulink, and companion toolboxes. Students are covered by the campus-wide license and can install software on their home or laptop computers.
End User Instructions
How to Download the Installer:
- Go to University of Arizona MATLAB Portal to download the software.
- Click ‘Sign in to get started’ under the Get MATLAB and Simulink section.
- You will be asked to create a MathWorks Account if you do not have an existing one. Once you do so, you will be associated to our MATLAB license.
- If you are a returning MatLab user you will be prompted to use your university credentials (NetID) login and password.
- Click the download button for the current release. Note: Users can also download previous releases at this location.
- Choose a supported platform (e.g., Win, Mac, Linux) and download the installer.
- Now you will be able to:
- Download and activate software on your personal computer
- Start using MATLAB Online from a web browser
How to Install and Activate:
- Run the installer.
- In the installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and follow the online instructions.
- When prompted to do so, select the Academic – Total Headcount license labeled Individual.
- Select the products you want to download and install.
- After downloading and installing your products, keep the Activate MATLAB checkbox selected and click Next.
- Follow the prompts to activate MATLAB.
First Time Using MatLab?
- If you are not familiar with MATLAB, please complete the two hour MATLAB Onramp tutorial that can also be found on University of Arizona MATLAB Portal under ‘Learn to use MATLAB and Simulink’.
- If you have trouble installing MATLAB, go to the University of Arizona MATLAB Portal and click ‘Need Installation Help’ to get support.
What is MATLAB and Simulink
MATLAB, the language of technical computing, is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation. Simulink is a graphical environment for simulation and Model-Based Design of multidomain dynamic and embedded systems. MathWorks produces nearly 100 additional products for specialized tasks such as data analysis and image processing.
MATLAB Academic Online Training Suite
- Visit http://matlabacademy.mathworks.com to access
- Log in using your MathWorks account
- Once logged in, you will be able to see a full list of available courses - including those available in Japanese and Spanish
- Please note: You will have until 30 June 2019 to access and complete course content
New and Dropped Platforms - End of Life Support
- See the platform road map for the latest information on current and planned platform changes to MathWorks products.
New Features 2019
General Information/License Agreement Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility: Faculty, staff, students (DCCs are not eligible)
- Version: R2019a and Older
- Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux
- Cost: Free
- Computer and Software Requirements
- Campus Computer Lab Locations: Computer Labs That Have MATLAB Software Installed
- License Restrictions: Only those identified in the software or per the vendor
- Notes (Instructions & Documentation) Vendor Created
- Expires: June 2020
- Support: See Above
- Website(s): List of All Products (Vendor site)