What is MATLAB
MathWorks MATLAB handles a range of computing tasks in engineering and science, from data acquisition and analysis to application development. The MATLAB environment integrates mathematical computing, visualization, and a powerful technical language. Built-in interfaces let you quickly access and import data from instruments, files, and external databases and programs. In addition, MATLAB lets you integrate external routines written in C, C++, Fortran, and Java with your MATLAB applications.
Why Use MATLAB
- If you have to evaluate large amounts of data that are acquired automatically by means of computers and other technical appliances. Examples are psychophysical experiments (termEEG, termfMRI, eye tracking, galvanic skin resistance measurements and the like), Internet questionnaires, or log file analyses. In these applications, it is way too laborious to manually preprocess every single data set with a spreadsheet software and export it to a statistics software package. Thus, automating this process by means of a MATLAB program will be profitable.
- Moreover, the application of programmed data evaluation routines is a more efficient way if the evaluation procedure has to be changed over and over again to 'fine-tune' it. Re-calculating the whole data set with the changed procedure is then done in a snap.
- MATLAB offers a plethora of graphics functions, dedicated statistics functions and other interesting features which are not available in other software packages, or only in limited and unflexible implementations.
- MATLAB allows for the programming of user-friendly interfaces for data evaluation programs that are repeatedly used. Thus, complicated data evaluation procedures can also be performed by collaborators who are less skilled with the computer.
MATLAB Academic Online Training Suite
- Link to https://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab-online
- Access for MATLAB Online: Users do not need to install MATLAB on their machines to access MATLAB Online. Please see steps below for details.
- Create a mathworks.com account
- Associate to the TAH license using Activation Key or License Number – from here: https://softwarelicense.arizona.edu/mathworks-matlab
- Create user ID for logging into MATLAB Online
- Log in here: https://matlab.mathworks.com/
New and Dropped Platforms
- See the platform road map for the latest information on current and planned platform changes to MathWorks products.
Toolbox Products 2017
General Information/License Agreement Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility: Faculty, staff, students
- Version: R2017b
- Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux
- Cost: Free
- Computer and Software Requirements
- Order/Download: Download and Activation Key for Faculty/Staff
- Order/Download: Download for Students
- Campus Computer Lab Locations: Computer Labs That Have MATLAB Software Installed
- License Restrictions: Only those identified in the software or per the vendor
- Notes (Instructions & Documentation) Vendor Created
- Expires: June 2018
- Support: MATLAB Tech Support
- Phone menu #1
- Phone menu #2 need license numbers for employee and student
- Website(s): List of All Products (Vendor site)