What is Microsoft's DreamSpark
DreamSpark is a Microsoft Program that supports technical education by providing access to Microsoft software for learning, teaching and research purposes.
Why Use DreamSpark
"DreamSpark is simple: it's all about giving students Microsoft professional-level developer and designer tools at no cost so that students can chase their dreams and create the next big breakthrough in technology - or just get a head start on their career."
General Information/License Agreement Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility for DreamSpark Basic: Students with valid UA NetID
- Eligibility for DreamSpark Premium: Students in CBBR, College of Engineering, Administration, College of Management, Computer Science Department, Management Information Systems, GRDEV and SDC get DreamSpark Premium which adds many more applications such as Microsoft Project 2013 and Microsoft Visio 2013 - 190 Operating Systems, Developer Tools, Servers, and Applications total
- Platform: Windows
- Cost: Free with valid UA NetID
- Computer and Software Requirements: None
1. Go to Microsoft DreamSpark website. Click on students.
2. Sign In to your Windows Live ID. For first time users: You must create a Windows Live ID (select Create Account).
3. Once verified you will be taken back to the main DreamSpark screen. Click on the Go button.
4. Indicate the UA's location:
Step 1. Select the continent—North America—on the map
Step 2. Select the country—United States
Step 3. Select the school—The University of Arizona
5. Click the Continue button. You will be directed to the UA WebAuth login page.
6. Log in with your UANet ID and password.
7. Now you are ready to download and use the latest Microsoft developer tools available.
- License Restrictions:
- Notes (Instructions & Documentation)
All UA students can have access to the following:
- Visual Studio
- Microsoft Expression Studio 4 Ultimate
- Kinect for Windows SDK
- XNA Game Studio 4
- Kodu Game Lab
- Small Basic
- Microsoft Mathematics 4
- Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio
- Several Versions of Windows Embedded
- Several Versions of Microsoft Server
- Expires: n/a
- Support: Vendor FAQs
- Website(s): Microsoft DreamSpark