What is Qualtrics
Qualtrics software enables users to conduct online data collection and analysis including market research, customer satisfaction and loyalty, product and concept testing, employee evaluations and website feedback.
Some surveys may be considered human subject research and require Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval prior to the initiation of the survey. In general, if your survey data is only being collected for a class project, quality improvement project, departmental evaluation, or social use, IRB approval may not be needed. However, if this survey is for a research project (1) involving a systematic investigation with (2) the goal of creating generalizable knowledge (i.e,. being able to apply the data to a broader population and plan to publish or present the findings), IRB approval may be required. Please contact the UA Institutional Review Board (IRB) for specific information.
Why use Qualtrics
- Feedback surveys - Qualtrics can be used for participant response surveys of various sorts, such as after programs or events. It can also be used for exit interviews and alumni surveys.
- Scholarly surveys and for student research - Qualtrics might be used for faculty research, research on UA, or research done by students as part of a course. As for all research involving human subjects, including research by students as part of a course, IRB approval will be required. Faculty must review and release Qualtrics surveys created by their students.
- Testing - Qualtrics can be used to administer pre- and post-tests in courses, majors, or programs. It has been used to administer placement tests (so far, foreign language placement tests).
- Rubrics - Collecting and Analyzing Data - Those using rubrics may want to use Qualtrics, for ease of data collection and for later analysis. Qualtrics can be used for some of the functions offered by WayPoint, rubric software that was available through Blackboard and not continued with BOLT. While Qualtrics will not integrate with BOLT, it can be used to grade assignments. In Qualtrics this is an easy-to-use, built-in feature, and students can be shown whether they got questions right or wrong. It is quite flexible.
General Information/License Agreement Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility: Faculty, staff, and students
- Platform: Cloud Based
- Cost: Free
- Computer and Software Requirements
- License Restrictions:
- Notes (Instructions & Documentation):
- Qualtrics University (Access to the following information and more is available after you login to Qualtrics with your UA NetID. Look for the 'Help and Tutorials' button.)
- Learn Qualtrics in 5 Steps
- Survey Basics
- Survey Types
- Data Analysis Guides
- Free Research eBooks Including the Qualtrics Handbook
- Expires: October 2015
- Online Training/Tutorials
- Qualtrics Technical Support
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 800-340-9194
- Hours: 9 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST
- Website(s): Vendor Website