What is SolidWorks
"SolidWorks 3D CAD software allows your team to design better products that can set you apart from your competitors. Each release delivers innovations and customer-requested enhancements that enable you to work smarter and faster."
- Focus on Design Not Software
- Solve Complex Problems Quickly
- Streamline Your Parallel Design Process
- Fast-Track Your Designs Through Manufacturing
Why Use SolidWorks
3D is the Way of the Future. Companies everywhere are moving to 3D. If you want to take your product design to the next level, get the most out of your team, and be the leader in your market, now is the time to consider all the ways SolidWorks can help you succeed.
General Information/License Agreement Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility: Faculty, staff, and students
- Version: 2016, 2015
- Platform: Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8.0, 7
- Cost: Free - the university does not currently charge for use of this license
- Computer and Software Requirements
- Install Guide and Serial Number Download for 2016 (coming soon)
- Install Guide and Serial Number Download for 2015
- License Restrictions: Only those identified in the software or per the vendor
- Notes (Instructions & Documentation)
- Install takes about 10 minutes. Do not close any of the windows that open.
- After the installer finishes, reboot your machine. You can then remove the .exe file and the extracted files.
- SolidWorks can be used on a University-owned or personal computer.
- Expires: Summer 2017
- Support: SolidWorks Web Help
- Website(s): SolidWorks