Sophos Central - For University-Owned Machines
Sophos Central is the anti-virus, anti-malware, and device encryption solution provided by the Information Security Office to University IT professionals around campus. It allows University IT professionals the ability to protect endpoints and servers against malware including viruses, worms, and trojans, as well as enforce encryption requirements from a central web interface.
If you are an IT administrator, please visit the Getting Started with Sophos Central Guide to learn how to get started with Sophos Central.
If you are not an IT administrator and would like to get Sophos Central installed on your University-owned machine, please contact your local IT administrator.
More details about Sophos Central can be found in on the Sophos Central Confluence page
Sophos Home - For Personally-Owned Machines of University Faculty/Staff
Sophos has granted the University complimentary licenses of Sophos Home Premium for personal Windows and Apple computers owned by faculty, staff, DCCs, and student workers. To get started:
- Visit https://home.sophos.com/employee.aspx and enter your @arizona.edu or @email.arizona.edu address as the email address. You must use an email address ending in one of those two addresses in order to receive the Sophos Home Premium licensing for no charge.
- Follow the prompts to register your personal email for a new account or upgrade to your existing Sophos Home account.
General Information/License Agreement Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility: Faculty and staff: University IT professionals will install Sophos on University-owned computers.
- Version: 10.3 Windows, 9x for Mac, 9 for Linux, 3.1.2 for Pure Message for Exchange, 10 for Sophos Bootable Anti-Virus, and 5.2.1 / 5.2.1 R2 for Sophos Enterprise Manager
- Platform: Windows (10, 8.1), Mac, Linux, Pure Message for Exchange
- Cost: Free