What Is Sophos
For University-owned machines: Sophos Central makes it simple to secure your Windows, Mac and Linux systems against malware and advanced threats, such as targeted attacks. Enforce your web, application, device and data policies with ease, thanks to seamless integration within the endpoint agent and the management console. University IT staff can install Sophos Central on University-owned machines.
Home Use for Faculty, Staff, and Students
For members of the University community who need antivirus/anti-malware for personal machines:
- STUDENTS: Sophos has a FREE Home version. For more information and to download, visit Sophos Home.
- FACULTY/STAFF: Sophos has granted the University complimentary licenses of Sophos Home Premium for personal Windows and Apple computers computers owned by faculty, staff, DCCs, and student workers. (Feature information)
- Visit https://home.sophos.com/employee.aspx and enter your @arizona.edu or @email.arizona.edu address for verification purposes.
- Follow the prompts to register your personal email for a new account or upgrade to your existing Sophos Home account.
General Information/License Agreement Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility: Faculty and staff: University IT professionals will install Sophos on University-owned computers.
- Version: 10.3 Windows, 9x for Mac, 9 for Linux, 3.1.2 for Pure Message for Exchange, 10 for Sophos Bootable Anti-Virus, and 5.2.1 / 5.2.1 R2 for Sophos Enterprise Manager
- Platform: Windows (10, 8.1), Mac, Linux, Pure Message for Exchange
- Cost: Free