What Is Sophos
Sophos Endpoint Protection makes it simple to secure your Windows, Mac and Linux systems against malware and advanced threats, such as targeted attacks. Enforce your web, application, device and data policies with ease, thanks to seamless integration within the endpoint agent and the management console.
Student Eligibility Changes Effective May 2018
Students will need to download the FREE Home version of Sophos. For more information and to download, visit Sophos Home.
Home Use for Faculty and Staff
For Faculty and Staff not on a University supported device you can now download the FREE Home version of Sophos. For more information and to download, visit Sophos Home.
General Information/License Agreement Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility: Faculty and staff: University IT professionals will install Sophos Endpoint Protection on University-owned computers. RETIREES are NOT eligible for the Campus License, but can download the 'free' home version.
- Version: 10.3 Windows, 9x for Mac, 9 for Linux, 3.1.2 for Pure Message for Exchange, 10 for Sophos Bootable Anti-Virus, and 5.2.1 / 5.2.1 R2 for Sophos Enterprise Manager
- Platform: Windows (10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista), Mac, Linux, Pure Message for Exchange
- Cost: Free
- Computer and Software Requirements
- Retirement Schedule for Support
- Platforms/Servers Supported
- Windows System Requirements
- Mac System Requirements
- Contact your local IT department/staff for download information. If you do not have a local IT unit, contact the Information Security Office (ISO) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT Professionals - contact the ISO if you have any questions
- Sophos Enterprise Console Subscription
- Subscribe to AVUS and Download Sophos Enterprise Manager (For UA Departmental Net Managers Only)
- License Restrictions
- Notes (Instructions & Documentation)
- Campus Servers and Network Administrators
- Expires: June 2018
- List Information/Technical Support
UITS will maintain a public, general-purpose Sophos list called email@example.com. The purpose of this list is for departments to request AVUS. It is also used as a place to submit technical questions related to all campus licensed Sophos products. Anyone can post/submit a question to this list, but it is not open for subscription.
UITS will administer and maintain a private Sophos list for all AVUS subscribers for the purpose of conveying announcements related to technical support issues such as unscheduled downtimes, system maintenence, AVUS failures, hardware failures, etc. The list address is firstname.lastname@example.org To request addition to the list, email email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, include the text 'subscribe sophos_announce Firstname Lastname'.
- Website(s) Vendor Website