What Is Sophos Endpoint Security and Control
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control for Windows and Mac is a single endpoint client that detects viruses, spyware and adware, suspicious files, suspicious behavior and potentially unwanted applications (PUAs); monitors the transfer of sensitive and confidential data; and controls the use of removable storage devices and unauthorized VoIP, IM, P2P and gaming software—eliminating the need for separate stand-alone products.
Why Use Sophos Endpoint Security Control
University of Arizona computers include Sophos software. Faculty, Staff, and Students can also download a free copy of Sophos Anti-virus software for home use by clicking on the Sophos Download link below.
NOTE: Mac Users Version 9 Releases (December 2017)
You may find that you cannot yet download and use the latest version on certain 9x releases. This is because Sophos releases the software over a number of days but publishes the release notes on the first day. Here is additional information.
General Information/License Agreement Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility: Faculty, staff, and students for use on campus systems and personal workstations located at home. DCC's and retirees can use the free home version.
- Version: 10.3 Windows, 9x for Mac, 9 for Linux, 3.1.2 for Pure Message for Exchange, 10 for Sophos Bootable Anti-Virus, and 5.2.1 / 5.2.1 R2 for Sophos Enterprise Manager
- Platform: Windows (10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista), Mac, Linux, Pure Message for Exchange
- Cost: Free
- Computer and Software Requirements
- Retirement Schedule for Support
- Platforms/Servers Supported
- Windows System Requirements
- Mac System Requirements
- Sophos Enterprise Console Subscription
- Subscribe to AVUS and Download Sophos Enterprise Manager (For UA Departmental Net Managers Only)
- License Restrictions
- Notes (Instructions & Documentation)
- Campus Servers and Network Administrators
- Expires: June 2018
- List Information/Technical Support
UITS will maintain a public, general-purpose Sophos list called email@example.com. The purpose of this list is for departments to request AVUS. It is also used as a place to submit technical questions related to all campus licensed Sophos products. Anyone can post/submit a question to this list, but it is not open for subscription.
UITS will administer and maintain a private Sophos list for all AVUS subscribers for the purpose of conveying announcements related to technical support issues such as unscheduled downtimes, system maintenence, AVUS failures, hardware failures, etc. The list address is firstname.lastname@example.org To request addition to the list, email email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, include the text 'subscribe sophos_announce Firstname Lastname'.
- Website(s) Vendor Website