What is Read & Write Gold
Thanks to a grant from the UA IT Student Advisory Board (ITSAB) TextHelp’s Read & Write Gold (RWG) is now available to campus. This is an easy-to-use software with tools to assist you with reading, writing, studying and research. RWG’s tools have the potential to increase student success and include:
- Text-to-speech – you can listen to your documents and web pages
- Create an MP3 of your documents to listen on the go
- Voice recognition – talk to your computer and it types what you say
- Highlighting tools – highlight key points in your document
- Dictionary - to look up terms
Why Use Read & Write Gold
- "Read & Write family of literacy software makes the web, documents and files more accessible - any time, any place, and on any platform or device. It's great for people with dyslexia and other learning difficulties, or anyone whose first language isn't English."
Mac Users Error Message Solution
For Mac users: if you receive an error message that the Install is 'damaged' please follow the solution here.
General Information/License Agreement Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility: Faculty, staff, students
- Version: 11.5 for Win and Version 6 for Mac
- Platform: Windows and Mac
- Cost: Free
- Computer and Software Requirements
- Campus Computer Lab
- If you are installing this program in a campus computer lab, please contact Dawn Hunziker for MSI instructions.
- License Restrictions: Only those identified in the software or per the vendor
- Notes (Instructions & Documentation) Vendor Created
- Expires: No expiration
- Contact Dawn Hunziker
- Website(s): Read & Write